TetraSeis Inc . - is developing leading edge commercial technologies for seismic data processing allowing to directly image sub-vertical discontinuities that are invisible to conventional seismic processing such as:
The Duplex Wave Migration (DWM) algorithm is designed to image Duplex Waves which have distinctively different signature from the primary reflections used in conventional seismic imaging.
- steep structure flanks
- zero throw faults and
- fluid filled fracture systems.
Since 2004 DWM is used for different 2D and 3D seismic survey conditions and proved to be successful at solving of variety of geological tasks.>
Duplex Wave Migration (DWM) is a technology:
The imaging of sub-vertical boundaries is solving a whole host of exploration and production challenges:
- capable of imaging vertical events (dips from 60 to 90 degrees) and it does not require large recording apertures.
- accurately delineate faults and fracture systems due to direct measurement of relative lateral changes in seismic impedance
- identify plays with zero throw faulting
- provide reliable results for following interpretation: fault compartmentalization and characterization, fault seal analysis and the identification of bypassed pay zones.
- Salt wall topography imaging
- Zero or near zero throw faults
- Delineation of fault compartmentalization within the reservoir
- Identification of bypassed reserves - enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- Delineation of the edge boundaries of oil (or gas) to water interfaces
- Delineate complex faulting patterns in coal bed methane plays
- Check reservoir seals for unknown faults for top seal analysis in CO2 sequestration and Steam Gravity Assisted Drainage (SAGD) operations
- and many more…